Mystery Trackers: Darkwater Bay Collector's Edition
September 7, 2018
3 Difficulties + Custom Mode
Exclusive Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wallpapers & Soundtracks
Concept Art & Morphing Objects
Achievements & Collectibles
Secret Room & Aquarium
In this fourteenth game in the Mystery Trackers saga, you are sent to find Russell Jackman, a researcher who has gone missing after he discovered what is presumably a powerful artifact from the legendary underwater city of Atlantis. But things are not so straightforward when the Dark Trackers organization is out to hunt for this one-of-a-kind artifact as well!
The Mystery Trackers series has its peaks and troughs, and we are happy to say that Darkwater Bay is one of the better ones. While the storyline can be a little slow at the start, the immersive and suspenseful atmosphere should be enough to hook the player in from the get-go. The introduction of the Dark Trackers also adds a fascinating layer to the game, they are the yin to Mystery Trackers’ yang.
In addition, the execution of the underwater world in Mystery Trackers: Darkwater Bay is done to perfection. The intricate artwork perfectly complements the navy blue color palette, and the quality of the graphics is definitely second to none. Another impressive dimension of Mystery Trackers: Darkwater Bay is the audio. The voice-overs are extremely well-done and the background music effectively boosts the sense of urgency of the game.
Despite all the positives, Mystery Trackers: Darkwater Bay is still very much a regular HOPA game. The adventure component is quite predictable and the hidden object scenes do not offer anything particularly mind-blowing. However, there is certainly an obvious effort to push the puzzles over the average mark, and it pays off beautifully through a smart integration into nautical theme and a respectable level of complexity.
Mystery Trackers: Darkwater Bay might be a little short when it comes to length. As regular HOPA players, we completed the game in just a little over three hours and the bonus chapter in 45 minutes. Still, considering the quality of the game and the entertainment value we derived from it, the Collector’s Edition seems like a reasonable choice. The extras section includes a strategy guide, wallpapers, concept art, soundtracks, achievements, collectibles, morphing objects, an aquarium, and a secret room.
There is nothing major not to like about Mystery Trackers: Darkwater Bay, a successful shift in direction for this beloved series.
In this series:
- Mystery Trackers: The Void
- Mystery Trackers: Raincliff
- Mystery Trackers: Black Isle
- Mystery Trackers: The Four Aces
- Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow
- Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms
- Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret
- Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror
- Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy
- Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger
- Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich
- Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts
- Mystery Trackers: Memories of Shadowfield
- Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill
- Mystery Trackers: Darkwater Bay
- Mystery Trackers: The Fall of Iron Rock
- Mystery Trackers: The Secret of Watch Hill
- Mystery Trackers: Fatal Lesson