Hidden Expedition: The Altar of Lies Collector's Edition
July 22, 2018
3 Difficulties + Custom Mode
Exclusive Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wallpapers & Concept Art
Soundtracks & Cutscenes
Achievements & Collectibles
Replayable HOs & Puzzles
Souvenir Room & Morphing Objects
Your journey in Hidden Expedition: The Altar of Lies begins in Honduras, where you and your H.E.L.P. tea were sent to retrieve an ancient artifact. Upon your arrival, you discovered that the site has been compromised and you were then accused of being a double agent! Can you find a way out of this messy situation and clear your name?
Like with many of Eipix’s long-running franchises, the Hidden Expedition games as of slate started to all blend in together. This latest sequel, The Alter of Lies, feels like every other Hidden Expedition games ever; an exotic locale, an ancient artifact, and a group of strong-headed mafias. Even the rich backstory is not enough to save the game from its struggles with illogical storyline and a dull concept.
One of the few things that keep the game going for us is the stunning visuals. The wonderful artwork and graphics perfectly convey the beauty of Honduras and the Amazon rain forest. There is always something new to look at in each scene and the subtle, yet effective special effects help bring these scenes to life.
Still, Hidden Expedition: The Altar of Lies could really use some more out-of-the-box thinking when it comes to the gameplay. As of now, the game is plagued with predictable HOPA elements. The adventure part is the same-old cookie-cutter type, the puzzles are overly simple and uninspired, and the hidden object scenes are low on challenge, although they might be the most enjoyable aspect f the gameplay
Hidden Expedition: The Altar of Lies clocks in just before the four-hour mark, and the bonus chapter adds another 40 minutes of playtime. The Collector’s Edition includes all the standards; a strategy guide, wallpapers, concept art, soundtracks, videos, replayable hidden object scenes, replayable puzzles, achievements, collectibles, morphings, and a souvenir room.
Hidden Expedition: The Altar of Lies is a middle-of-the-road addition to this hit-or-miss series.
In this series:
- Hidden Expedition: Titanic
- Hidden Expedition: Everest
- Hidden Expedition: Amazon
- Hidden Expedition: Devils Triangle
- Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands
- Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond
- Hidden Expedition: Crown of Solomon
- Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle
- Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity
- Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth
- Hidden Expedition: Midgard's End
- Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor
- Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise
- Hidden Expedition: The Pearl of Discord
- Hidden Expedition: The Curse of Mithridates
- Hidden Expedition: The Golden Secret
- Hidden Expedition: The Alter of Lies
- Hidden Expedition: Neptune's Gift
- Hidden Expedition: The Price of Paradise