Hidden Expedition: The Pearl of Discord Collector's Edition
April 9, 2017
3 Difficulties + Custom Mode
Exclusive Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wallpapers & Concept Art
Soundtracks & Cutscenes
Achievement & Collectibles
Replayable HOs & Puzzles
Souvenir Room & Morphing Objects
Back in 1324 in Venice, Marco Polo entrusted his friend, Peter Tayal, with a special pearl just before he passed away. The pearl has since been securely kept with the Tayal family until today when the pearl was stolen! As a H.E.L.P. agent, travel to Fiji where the pearl was kept and hunt down this invaluable gift from the greedy Zambetti family!
Hidden Expedition: The Pearl of Discord delivers one of the most intriguing storylines in the franchise’s recent history. Not only is the long-term rivalry between Marco Polo and the Zambetti family fascinating, but the action-packed events also keep us on the edge of our seats. Despite starting the game in Fiji, The Pearl of Discord actually takes you around the world; from Japan to Venice. The environment is constantly changing, keeping the game fresh from beginning to end.
The visuals in Hidden Expedition: The Pearl of Discord are Eipix’s best works in quite some time. The intricate artwork is mesmerizing, while the quality of the graphics is second to none. In addition, Eipix also delivers stunning animations and cutscenes this time around. There were moments in the game when we just stopped and appreciated the beauty of this game.
Compared to the exciting storyline and the amazing production, the gameplay is slightly disappointing. The Pearl of Discord is basically a cookie-cutter of most Eipix games; predictable development and easy tasks. This does not take away from the fact that the game is incredibly entertaining, and the solid puzzles as well as the creative hidden object scenes definitely add some value to the game.
We did not regret a single minute during the four hours of Hidden Expedition: The Pearl of Discord, and we also enjoyed the bonus chapter just as much. The bonus content that comes with the Collector’s Edition is pretty decent; a strategy guide, wallpapers, soundtracks, concept art, replayable hidden object scenes, replayable puzzles, a souvenir room, achievements, collectibles, and morphing objects.
Hidden Expedition returns to its former glory with The Pearl of Discord.
In this series:
- Hidden Expedition: Titanic
- Hidden Expedition: Everest
- Hidden Expedition: Amazon
- Hidden Expedition: Devils Triangle
- Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands
- Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond
- Hidden Expedition: Crown of Solomon
- Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle
- Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity
- Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth
- Hidden Expedition: Midgard's End
- Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor
- Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise
- Hidden Expedition: The Pearl of Discord
- Hidden Expedition: The Curse of Mithridates
- Hidden Expedition: The Golden Secret
- Hidden Expedition: The Alter of Lies
- Hidden Expedition: Neptune's Gift
- Hidden Expedition: The Price of Paradise