Redemption Cemetery: Night Terrors Collector's Edition
February 10, 2017
ERS Game Studios
3 Difficulties + Custom Mode
Exclusive Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wallpapers & Screensavers
Soundtracks & Cutscenes
Achievements & Collectibles
Replayable HOs & Puzzles
Here comes the latest installment in the Redemption Cemetery series, one of the many series by ERS-G that has been dragged on for far too long. In Night Terrors, the Night Terror virus is infecting all the patients at Dr. Jane Warovski’s hospital. In Redemption Cemetery’s fashion, you need to portal into the patients’ minds and try to stop this virus from killing them.
Although Night Terrors does not take place in an actual cemetery (a refreshing change, to be honest), the game does not steer far from the franchise’s formula. The rather predictable storyline is driven by an even more predictable gameplay, in which most HOPA fans will definitely find to be nothing special. As usual, the hidden object scenes and the puzzles are very well-executed, but could have been more innovative.
Production wise, Redemption Cemetery: Night Terrors is decent. The hand-drawn graphics are mesmerizing and the deary color palette effectively conveys the suspense of the game. It is also worth noting that ERS-G finally managed to lose the fuzziness quality in the visuals, a great feat indeed. Furthermore, the moody background music and the expertly-recorded voice-overs also help increase the fun factor of the game.
It is clear that Redemption Cemetery: Night Terrors was built by a team of professionals – every single aspect of the game flows well together and the development of the game is easy to follow. However, there is nothing that sets Night Terrors apart from all the other Redemption Cemetery games, or all the other horror-themed HOPAs for that matter. The game took us around four hours to complete, and the sub-par bonus chapter took us another 50 minutes. The Collector’s Edition also includes a strategy guide, wallpapers, screensavers, replayable hidden objects, replayable mini games, concept art, soundtracks, movies, achievements, and collectibles.
In this series:
- Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven
- Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight
- Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony
- Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost
- Redemption Cemetery: Bitter Frost
- Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost
- Redemption Cemetery: Clock of Fate
- Redemption Cemetery: At Death's Door
- Redemption Cemetery: Night Terrors
- Redemption Cemetery: Embodiment of Evil
- Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave
- Redemption Cemetery: Day of the Almost Dead
- Redemption Cemetery: Dead Park
- Redemption Cemetery: The Stolen Time