Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich Collector's Edition
July 29, 2016
3 Difficulties + Custom Mode
Exclusive Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wallpapers & Soundtracks
Achievement & Collectibles
After solving a series of challenging out-of-this-world cases as part of Mystery Trackers, you are finally going away for a vacation. However, your break quickly turned into another investigation when a group of cloaked figures bombarded the train and kidnapped a girl. Can you solve yet another dangerous case?
Fans of the Mystery Trackers series are going to find the storyline in this one quite predictable. Still, we thought that it was gripping enough for us to feel invested all the way through. We also liked the idea that the first few chapters of the game set on a moving train – this allows the game to present interesting ideas and impressive scene designs that are not usually seen in other games.
This installment of Mystery Trackers comes with superb visuals as usual. The graphics are clean and detailed, with just the right lighting and the perfect shades of colors. Although we have seen more epic work from Elephant Games, the visuals in this game still present themselves stunningly on our screens. On the other hand, the soundtracks are not as well-done. In our opinion, the soundtracks are a tad too upbeat and too futuristic for the theme of the game, especially during peak moments.
Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich doesn’t do anything too risky with its gameplay. The adventure is very straightforward and easy, the same goes for the hidden object scenes. The puzzles are better; many are respectably complex and clever, while a few offer head-scratching challenges. To help with your adventure, the game comes equipped with an Unlocking Device and our old friend, Elf.
Advanced HOPA players are likely to complete the game in just under 3.5 hours, which makes this sequel relatively short compared to most of its predecessors. The bonus chapter, which is solid, took us another 55 minutes to complete. If you decide to purchase the Collector’s Edition, you will also find a strategy guide, wallpapers, concept art, soundtracks, achievements, collectibles, a jigsaw puzzle and a secret room included.
In this series:
- Mystery Trackers: The Void
- Mystery Trackers: Raincliff
- Mystery Trackers: Black Isle
- Mystery Trackers: The Four Aces
- Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow
- Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms
- Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret
- Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror
- Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy
- Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger
- Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich
- Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts
- Mystery Trackers: Memories of Shadowfield
- Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill
- Mystery Trackers: Darkwater Bay
- Mystery Trackers: The Fall of Iron Rock
- Mystery Trackers: The Secret of Watch Hill