Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror Collector's Edition
March 27, 2015
3 Difficulties + Custom Mode
Gift of Sight
Exclusive Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wallpapers & Concept Art
Achievement & Collectibles
Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror is more story-driven than any of the previous Mystery Trackers games, which could be a positive thing – at the same time, it could backfire as well. The storyline in Nightsville Horror is definitely intriguing, with plenty of action sequences and exciting events. There are also evidence you can collect to help guide you in the right direction, pretty much similar to the feature in the latest Mystery Case Files game. No matter how much value that feature might add to this game, we personally think that is should be kept unique to the Mystery Case Files series – otherwise, the very thin line that distinguishes the two franchises might disappear.
Unfortunately, the story-driven gameplay in Nightsville Horror leads to a very linear adventure gameplay. Mystery Trackers games are usually known for their complexity and their challenge; Nightsville Horror is less busy and less complex since the game kind of limits the number of locations that need visiting at a time. Regardless, there is much challenge within the innovative mini-games and puzzles found throughout the game. Meanwhile, the hidden object scenes are neatly done and objects are easy to recognize. In addition to the main features of the game, there are also two special features. The first one is the familiar Elf dog helper, and the second is the Gift of Sight which proves to be very useful in solving cases.
Elephant Games has blown us away again with their impressive production. The graphics are crystal clear, and the dark settings suit the mysterious and horror theme of the game very well. The soundtracks are epic as usual, and the voice overs are professional and pleasant.
The main game has a decent length of roughly 4 and a half hours; and the bonus chapter, which is equally solid, adds an extra hour. Once again, Elephant Games has stuffed some cool extras in the Collector’s Edition of the game – check out the list below.
In this series:
- Mystery Trackers: The Void
- Mystery Trackers: Raincliff
- Mystery Trackers: Black Isle
- Mystery Trackers: The Four Aces
- Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow
- Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms
- Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret
- Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror
- Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy
- Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger
- Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich
- Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts
- Mystery Trackers: Memories of Shadowfield
- Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill
- Mystery Trackers: Darkwater Bay
- Mystery Trackers: The Fall of Iron Rock
- Mystery Trackers: The Secret of Watch Hill